THE HOME BUYING PROCESS
Buying a home is an exciting and complex adventure. There is an array of real estate choices and if you’re like most people, buying a home is the biggest investment you will ever make.
We are here to help you find a comfortable home and negotiate the best possible terms. We strive for excellence in serving our client’s needs to make the purchase process seamless. We will attend to details, return your calls and keep you well informed and updated every step of the way.
Whether it’s a Single Family Home, Townhome or Condo, we are here to help you find the best fit for your needs. Let us share our knowledge and experience as Professional Realtors.
Our Value Proposition to You
- Needs Analysis – analyze the buyer’s wants and needs. Help get a clear picture of his/her ideal home
- Pre-qualification or Pre-approval – guide the buyer to a loan officer. Help with the pre-qualification or pre-approval process. Help choose the best mortgage financing plan
- Neighborhood Information – create broad neighborhood search profile. Provide list of target neighborhoods and related information for each
- Home Search – organize and schedule home search process. Ongoing updates, drive-bys, and showings of available homes
- Make an Offer – compare homes and make decision. Advise terms and issues of offer. Fill out purchase offer contract
- Negotiating to Buy – present the offer. Negotiate on the buyer’s behalf
- Vendor Coordination – advise and supervise vendor selections. Coordinate vendor services
- Pre-close Preparation – coordinate and supervise document preparation. Provide pre-closing consulting
- Closing – preview closing documents. Resolve last minute issues. Complete transaction
- Post Closing – coordinate move in. Assist with post closing issues
WHAT EVERY BUYER SHOULD KNOW BEFORE PURCHASING
- Property taxes and qualified interest are deductible on an individual’s federal income tax return.
- Often, a home is the largest asset an individual has and is considered one of the most valuable investments available.
- A portion of each amortized mortgage payment goes to principal which is an investment.
- A home is one of the few investments that you can enjoy by living in it.
- A REALTOR® can usually show you any home whether it is listed with a company, a builder, or even a For Sale By Owner home.
- Working through a REALTOR® to purchase a For Sale By Owner home can be very advantageous because someone is looking out for your best interest.
- Your Real Estate professional can provide you with a list of items you’ll need to complete your loan application so you’ll be prepared.
- A homeowner can exclude up to $500,000 of capital gain tax if married and filing jointly or up to $250,000 if single or filing separately. The home must have been the taxpayer’s principal residence for the previous two years.
- Beginning with May 07, 1997, there is no longer a requirement to purchase another home more expensive than the one sold. Homeowners are free to buy up or down with no tax consequences assuming their gain is less than the allowable amounts.
- Ask the Real Estate professional if they are familiar with the neighborhoods where you want to live.
- Ask the Real Estate professional whom he/she is representing in the transaction.
- Ask the Real Estate professional what he/she will do to keep you informed.
- Your Real Estate professional should provide you with the highest level of service and advice.
BEFORE WE BEGIN…
PRE-QUALIFICATION AND PRE-APPROVAL
Many buyers apply for a loan and obtain approval before they find the home they want to buy. Why?
Pre-qualifying will help you in the following ways:
- Generally, interest rates are locked in for a set period of time. You will know in advance exactly what your payments will be on offers you choose to make.
- You won’t waste time considering homes you cannot afford.
Pre-approval will help you in the following ways:
- A seller may choose to make concessions if they know that your financing is secured. You are like a cash buyer, and this may make your offer more competitive.
- You can select the best loan package without being under pressure.
HOW MUCH HOME CAN YOU AFFORD?
There are three key factors to consider:
- The down payment
- Your ability to qualify for a mortgage
- The closing costs associated with your transaction.
DOWN PAYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
Most loans today require a down payment of between 3.5% and 5.0% depending on the type and terms of the loan. If you are able to come up with a 20-25% down payment, you may be eligible to take advantage of special fast-track programs and possibly eliminate mortgage insurance.
You will be required to pay fees for loan processing and other closing costs. These fees must be paid in full at the final settlement, unless you are able to include them in your financing. Typically, total closing costs will range between 2-5% of your mortgage loan.
QUALIFYING FOR THE MORTGAGE:
Most lenders require that your monthly payment range between 25-28% of your gross monthly income. Your mortgage payment to the lender includes the following items:
- The principal on the loan (P)
- The interest on the loan (I)
- Property taxes (T),
- The homeowner’s insurance (I).
Your total monthly PITI and all debts (from installments to revolving charge accounts) should range between 33-38% of your gross monthly income. These key factors determine your ability to secure a home loan: Credit Report, Assets, Income, and Property Value.
FIRST TIME BUYERS
Looking to purchase your first home? I’m here to help!
To get started on this exciting journey, I would be happy to provide you with a complimentary copy of Your First Home: The Proven Path to Home Ownership. Packed with inspiring stories and the wisdom of thousands of successful first-time home buyers, it’s a must-read for anyone aspiring to buy a home.
Please Get In Touch with us and mention you are a First Time Buyer to request your FREE copy.
CRISTINA WAS VERY ATTENTIVE AND EASY TO WORK WITH
Cristina was very attentive and easy to work with! It seemed more like I was talking to an old friend at each meeting. She really listens and acts on what was important to me. Tons of insight with regards to different areas of Atlanta too…Thanks for everything! — Anonymous
CRISTINA IS A GREAT REAL ESTATE AGENT
Cristina is a great real estate agent, she has a great attention to detail when preparing your house and properly staging it for sale. And if you are looking for a house in the Atlanta area, there is nobody better at helping you find the house that fits your needs. She’s part of an awesome team that helps you all the way from finding your home to closing your home. We definitely would recommend Cristina for anybody that is wanting to buy or sell a home in the Atlanta area. — Richard Van Slyke
WOULDN’T SETTLE UNTIL WE FOUND THE RIGHT HOME
Cristina had not only helped me find my dream home but provided exceptional service and wouldn’t settle until we found the right home! — Julie Badger
I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND CRISTINA
I would highly recommend Cristina as one of the best people to work with. Very Professional and hard working to make it happen for whatever your needs are. Excellent at following up and would do anything to satisfy your needs in finding your future home!! — Erin Knott
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND CRISTINA TO EVERYONE BUYING OR SELLING A HOME!!
Outstanding! Cristina helped us buy our 3rd investment property, so we’ve had experience with a few realtors. She was extremely attentive, narrowed our search down very quickly, detail oriented, always happy to help and was a step ahead of us for each purchasing obstacle! Cristina is easy to work with and very professional. I highly recommend Cristina to everyone buying or selling a home!! — Keri Dos Santos, Invester
CRISTINA IS A TRUE SMYRNA GIRL
Cristina is a true Smyrna girl and knows this area intimately. She has been a wonderful resource for me and my husband in discovering this area, while we search for our new home here. She is passionate about finding the perfect home for our family and she’s an integral part of our “home finding team!” I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking to buy or sell real estate. — Ingrid Kelly Owens, Buyer
I FEEL SO FORTUNATE TO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO WORK WITH CRISTINA
I feel so fortunate to have been able to work with Cristina. She is one of the most hard working individuals I have ever seen. She is kind and truly cares about the people she works with. — Karen Kasprowicz
CRISTINA IS A FANTASTIC PERSON
Cristina is a fantastic person and extremely detailed. — Farrah Brown
SHE DOES WHAT EVER IT TAKES
I have worked with Cristina for close to a decade on many projects and her willingness to put the client first is something to really admire. She does whatever it takes to make it happen from start to finish, steadfast to the goals and objectives, while also building a great relationship along the way. She also continues to be a great student by refining her skills and making sure she is always ahead of the curve. I undoubtedly expect to continue hearing much continued success with her real esta…
SHE HAS A GREAT PASSION FOR REAL ESTATE
Cristina knows the Smyrna area extremely well and has had been able to combine an incredible amount of local area knowledge and apply over ten years of sales experience to help both buyers and sellers in the area. It’s clear she has a great passion for real estate and does a fantastic job helping her clients achieve results. — Andrew